Dr. Andrew Weil
- Avoid polyunsaturated vegetable oils, margarine, vegetable shortening, all partially hydrogenated oils and all foods that might contain trans-fatty acids (such as deep-fried foods).
- Minimize or eliminate consumption of foods with added sugar.
- Increase omega-3 fatty acid intake by eating more cold-water oily fish, freshly ground flaxseed and walnuts.
- Reduce consumption of animal foods and try replacing them with plant-based proteins such as whole soy products.
- Use hormone-free, organically produced products whenever possible.
- Eat plenty of fresh vegetables and fruits.
- Eat shiitake, enokidake, maitake and oyster mushrooms frequently.
- Drink green tea daily.